Yoga is an ancient practice that has stood the test of time, and for good reason. The physical and mental benefits of daily yoga practice are undeniable, allowing you to start feeling healthy and energetic as a result of incorporating yoga into your lifestyle. It also offers a versatile way to work out, with so many different types of yoga practice out there to suit your personal needs and prevent you from getting bored.
If you enjoy practicing yoga but don’t do it every day, try to turn it into a daily routine and see how it makes you feel after a couple of weeks. Even just 15 minutes on the yoga mat can make a huge difference in the way you feel.
Here are 10 reasons to do yoga every day:
- Ultimate Stress Reliever – Yoga has been proven to reduce stress and lower blood pressure. If you find stress starting to negatively impact your life, you will be surprised by how much yoga can improve your stress levels. Incorporate it into your daily routine to help you de-stress in the evenings or practice in the morning to set a positive tone for the rest of your day.
- Great Workout – An hour of yoga might seem much easier than an hour of cardio, but it can still provide a great workout. Yoga is a healthy way to exercise and lose weight if those are your goals, and it can also be useful on rest days if you’re an endurance athlete or weight lifter. Don’t discount yoga as just an hour of stretching; it’s actually a great workout that helps tone your whole body while building muscle and burning fat.
- Boost Brain Function – Exercise, including yoga, has been proven to sharpen the memory, boost brain function, and improve reaction time. This might be a surprising benefit of a regular yoga practice, but if you start practicing yoga daily you will likely see that it helps clear your head and increases your ability to focus throughout the day.
- Ease Pain – Practicing yoga is a great way to ease common joint pain in the neck, knees, and back. A regular yoga practice benefits your joints and muscles, helping to relieve chronic pain regardless of your fitness or flexibility level when you’re starting out.
- Helps You Sleep – Practicing yoga in the evening or right before bed can be a great way to help you get a restful night of sleep. The calming benefits of yoga help you relax and prepare your body for sleep, easing restlessness and insomnia.
- Improves Flexibility and Balance – It’s a common myth that yoga is only for flexible people, but anyone can do it to help improve their flexibility. Making it a daily practice will improve your flexibility and balance more effectively, turning you into the limber yogi you’ve always wanted to be.
- Get in Touch with Your Body – Yoga helps you to focus on your body, taking note of what makes you feel good and what doesn’t. Once you learn how to do this in your yoga practice, it becomes easier to transfer this habit into your lifestyle choices too, noticing what foods and behaviors make you feel most healthy.
- Improved Posture – Most people have poor posture which often leads to back pain and other negative side effects. Creating a daily yoga practice can help you improve your posture by learning to sit tall and relieve pain and pressure on your lower back from slumping in your seat.
- Build Physical Strength – Many people find it surprising that yoga can help them build physical strength, but it’s true! It takes physical strength to hold poses from beginner to advanced. Yoga will help you tone from head to toe as you learn the poses and improve your strength in every class.
- It’s Fun! – The best exercise is the one you enjoy, so if you enjoy yoga then incorporate it as a daily routine to start reaping the many wonderful benefits of practicing yoga.
What do you think about this? Thanks for reading!